24 Dec 2014

A quick knit: chunky wool pillow cover



It took me just one evening to knit this chunky cushion cover front and a couple of hours to make the actual cover and sew the front panel on it.


material:
'Marl wool' color nr.1 (off white) from Zeeman. 50% acrylic + 50% wool
per skein: 100g=100meters (2.79 euro's)
used 230g for a 50x50 cm cushion cover front (total costs about 6.50 euro's)


I used two strands of yarn. Started with 42 sts and worked in q simple stocking stitch. After approx. 55 rows the cushion front was ready!
I used a circular knitting needle, about metric size 8 (I guess) and worked loosely.
 I made a separate full cushion cover, the back is made from a left-over piece of off-white IKEA 'Mette' fabric, for the front lining I used of a left-over piece of cheap off-white muslin fabric. After finishing sewing the cover I handsewn the knitted panel onto the front, starting with the top and bottom part and then sewing the sides.

pinning and stitching the top:

the bottom part at the opening:


the knitted cover is slightly smaller in the length since knits tend to stretch out:

No comments:

Post a Comment